Tudor Book of the Garden £15.00
The Tudor Book of the Garden is a beautifully designed, but practical, garden journal for the twenty-first century gardener, which also shares information about Tudor gardens and gardeners.
Tudor people from all ranks of society loved their gardens not just as providers of food, medicine and household necessities, but also as havens of peace and beauty, just as we do today, and the Tudor Book of the Garden will help you create your own Tudor garden.
- Four seasons divided into months, each with Tudor and modern gardening tips and Tudor plants in bloom
- The 100 essential plants that Tudor gardeners needed, with modern botanical names and space to record their presence in your garden
- A list of all the plants named in Shakespeare with modern botanical names and space to record their presence in your garden
- Lists of Tudor gardening tools and popular Tudor gardening books
- Space to record information about your garden, its progress from year to year, your plants, and the friends who shared them with you, and the appearance of birds, butterflies and other pollinators each year
- For each month, space to make your own task lists, record highlights and plants in bloom, list seeds and cuttings to take, and record what you have planted
- Information on restored or recreated Tudor gardens to visit in the UK
- Luxury linen effect hardback cover and ribbon place-holder
- Wonderful keepsake gift that never ages – come back to it again and again!